USS Shipwreck Scuba Dives
What This Will Be
Bali Scuba Diving
Tulamben was a very anonymous fishing village in the dry lands of Karangasem for a very long period. Nowadays, it’s the busiest diving destination in Bali. Since the discovery of the USS Liberty Shipwreck as a diving destination back in the 1980’ies, Tulamben has been drawing bigger and bigger crowds, all wanting to take a glimpse at the USS Liberty Shipwreck. Tulamben can get very crowded during high season and it’s easy to see why. But the bay and surrounding villages have a lot more to offer than just the USS Liberty and can provide days of awesome diving!
This is one of the best place to do Bali Scuba Diving and the most famous scuba dive site in Bali. The USS Liberty Shipwreck is a 120 meter long and just 50 meters off the shore in Tulamben. It lies between 10 and 30 meters, with a small part a bit more shallow. This dive site has everything for everyone. It is the easiest wreck dive in the world. The Liberty is covered with coral and has an abundance of fish life around it. It has a few nice swim troughs and for macro lovers there are Nude branches, Ghost pipe fish, Frog Fish and from time to time Pygmy Seahorses. For the early birds or the Night dive lovers, a school of Bump head Parrot Fish uses the wreck as their private bedroom.
Book Now and Get Special Price!
- Hotel return transfers/pick up and drop off (areas stated below)
- All the dive equipment
- Professional Dive Master
- Two times dives
- Indonesian lunch
- Changing room
- Shower facilities
- Photos/DVD photos
- Personal (optional) expenses
- Pickup time at 8 – 8.30am.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Minimum age that allowed to do this experience is 15 years.
- Please note your height, weight, and feet size for fins at the time booking.
- Suitable for any level of diver even for beginner or first time in scuba diving.
- A minimum of 24 hours before taking flight is required.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for participants with asthmatic, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Complimentary pickup and drop off available at hotels in Tulamben, Amed, Padangbai, Ubud, Denpasar, Canggu, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Legian, Kuta, Tuban, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tanjung Benoa, and Nusa Dua.
- Drop will be at the original pickup point.
- The duration of the trip is approximately 10 hours (from pickup till drop off)
10/10 best first dive experience
My Girlfriend and I haven’t dived before and she’s not Super confident swimmer however our dive instructor, Baron, was super helpful. He guided us step by step and made it Super easy. He also helped us take photos. The coral, eco-system, fish life is flourishing and the ship wreck itself was surreal! again amazing experience! The team were Super helpful!
FYI – traffic in Bali is terrible, so prepare for a Long ride back, bring a towel, jumper and cash!!!
It was my first time ever diving and it was definitely my number 1 holiday highlight in Bali. The instructor was very patient and calm with us and made me feel secure under water. We saw a 2nd world war shipwreck, a turtle, octopus and other see fauna and flora. Unforgettable dive!!! And for the first timer it was WOW! Our dive will also be accepted towards further diving learning should we wish to continue and get certified.
Had the best time on this day tour!! The drivers Beno and Nang Lisa picked me up in Ubud and drove me all the way to and back from Tulamben after the diving. They were really really friendly and definitely gave a wonderful touch to my day!! The diving was pretty cool as well. The shipwreck is AMAZING and my DM also brought me to some kind of sunken Buddhist temple which was completely unexpected. Would 10000%recommend!!