Batur Volcano Hiking
What This Will Be
Bali Mt. Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking
Mount Batur is located at Kintamani district, Bali, Indonesia, it is around 2 hours drive from Denpasar. Batur volcano is one of the sacred mountain according to Hindu believe. It’s high 1717 m above sea level and can be submitted by physically fit hikers in around 2 hours.
From the top of Batur active volcano you will see the beautiful view of sunrise which will make your journey unforgettable. You will be leaded by a local guide with maximum 5 people group to hike to the top of volcano and a light breakfast will be served at the top volcano with spectacular scenery. The beauty of the view is really promising, glorious sunrise and stunning morning views filling your mind and soul. After you finish your breakfast and trek at around summit crater, you will be leaded back to finish point.
Arrive at finish point and your driver ready to lead you back to your accommodation, but you will also stop at a Bali ecotourism to see the process of coffee making and get free tasting of several Balinese coffee and tea, and see various tropical plants.
- 2 – 3am: you will be picked up at your accommodation and get transferred to hiking starting point
- 3:45am: arrival at starting point, introduction and safety procedure briefing
- 4:00am: beginning of your hiking to top of volcano
- 4:30am: continuing our hiking to the summit crater
- 6:15am: arrival at the summit crater
- 7:00am: continuing our trek around entire crater
- 8:00am: beginning our descent to finishing point
- 9:00am: arrival at finish point to boarding into the vehicle
- 9:30am: stopping off at a Balinese coffee making process
- 12:00pm: arrive back at your accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop off in Ubud, Denpasar, Canggu, Seminyak, Legian, Kuta, Tuban, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tanjung Benoa, and Nusa Dua
- All entrance fee as per hiking itinerary
- A light breakfast at the top of volcano
- Coffee or drinking water
- Local trekking guide
- Enjoying coffee making process
- Tasting Balinese coffee and tea
- Personal (optional) expenses
- Pickup time:
2:00 am (Canggu, Denpasar, Seminyak, Legian, Kuta, Tuban, Jimbaran, Sanur, Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua area)
2:30am (Ubud area)
- Don’t forget to bring: hiking shoes, jacket, long pants, camera
Sunrise Trek, Hot springs, rice paddy, coffee plantation
Had the most amazing trek with Naioman – it was the highlight of our trip to bali. He was recommend by multiple friends and lived up to the hype. Super easy to contact, extremely friendly and knowledgeable and full of laughs!! Thanks again!
An Early Morning Great View
We were staying just outside of Ubud so we had a later start than some at 230AM and arrived to the trek start around 330. The trek starts from the parking lot on a paved road but after a little ways you start to climb the mountain trail with some places easy and some quite difficult. My wife took plenty of breaks to rest and our guide was very helpful and understanding and we still made it to the top of the volcano with plenty of time to rest and enjoy the sunrise view. We were picked up at the halfway point on the way down which was perfect because we headed straight to the hot springs and made it there before it became crowded. The hot springs were nice and are probably very nice during the summer but don’t expect them to be very hot, more like “a little warmer than bathtub water springs”. We skipped the coffee tour as we had already done two which gave us more time at the springs. Overall this trek was very nice and our guides were very helpful.