Mt. Ijen Volcano Crater Trip from Bali
Overview and Highlights
Experience the famous blue fires of Mount Ijen on an overnight trip from Bali. Hike through the rainforest of East Java and get the chance to peer into the volcanic crater at night.
Benefit from pick-up from your hotel in Bali, and then travel to the westernmost tip to catch the ferry to Java from Gilimanuk. On your way to Gilimanuk – Mount Ijen, here in Bali you will also visit Wanagiri Hidden Hill to see the twin lake; Tamblingan and Buyan and also pass Ulundanu Bratan Temple in Bedugul. You will also get a change to see Munduk rice terraces. Upon arrival at Ketapang port in Banyuwangi, travel by 4WD vehicle to the village of Licin and drive through a rainforest of giant ferns and trees on the slopes of Mount Ijen.
Ascend to the summit to look into the crater and marvel at the blue fires of the volcano under a canopy of stars. Get a panoramic view of the sulfur lake and surrounding landscape in the first light of day. Then, return to the base of the mountain to enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant before the drive back to the Bali.
- Explore the volcanic crater of Mount Ijen and see the famous blue fires.
- Challenge yourself to an exhilarating hike on your next trip to Bali and be wowed by the beauty of Ijen!
- Conquer the chilly breeze of the mountain in this evening hike and be rewarded by Ijen’s famous blue flames!
- Have everything be prepared for your convenience, from transportation to permits, for a stress-free hike!
- Get panoramic views of the sulfur lake and surrounding scenery
- Watch the sunrise over East Java.
Get special price, start from IDR.1.790K/Person
- Transportation from Bali to Java
- Boat/ferry fee
- Entrance fees
- Trekking guide
- Gas mask
- Local breakfast
- Local dinner
- Optional expenses
- Tip or gratuities
- Please bring a warm jacket, hiking shoes, a standard face mask and your camera
Beautiful experience!!! Dewa informed us in the morning at what time he would pick us up. He was there 10 minutes before departure and reminded us of our passport and warm clothes. During the ride, Dewa always asked for us and took care of us. When we arrived, our guide Anton gave us tea, water for the ascent and the tour schedule. During the ascent, Anton was very friendly and provided us with a lot of interesting information during the hike. Anton kept taking photos and videos of us so that at the end we got a little video of him. After watching the blue fire and then the sunrise, we descended again. Overall highly recommended!!!